A simple and reliable finger prick blood spot health check that shows if your TSH levels are normal or high
Thyroid disorders are one of the most prevalent medical conditions in the world, particularly for women, with an increasing number of people suffering from an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism).
Symptoms of hypothyroidism
- Feeling cold, tired and lethargic
- Constipation, weight gain, dry skin and brittle hair
- Becoming forgetful and sometimes depressed
- Women may also experience menstrual irregularities
Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), which is secreted by the pituitary gland, regulates and controls the activity of the thyroid gland. A higher than normal TSH level in your blood indicates an underactive thyroid is likely.
The SELFCheck Thyroid Health Test is a rapid immunodiagnostic self test kit for the detection of increased TSH levels (hypothyroidism), from a finger prick blood sample, giving a result in just 10 minutes.
The test kit contains;
- 1 test device, 1 plastic pipette and 1 desiccant pouch
- 1 small bottle containing 1ml of diluent
- 2 sterile lancets to obtain a blood sample
- 1 instruction leaflet