Regardless of the result of this test, Public Health Advice must be followed.
The single packed Healgen COVID-19 antigen rapid lateral flow test from Internetpharmacy.ie identifies infected individuals in just 15 minutes. This test can be performed as a nasal only swab test which is less invasive than the nasopharyngeal. Packed in a single box it is ideal for working environments where staff are unable to carry out their job from home such as factories, retail premises, delivery services, healthcare service providers and hotels.
- Appears on the European Medicines Agency List of mutually recognised Antigen Rapid Tests
- 100% Sensitivity & 97.25% Specificity, 98.73% Accuracy
- Lateral flow test for rapidly detecting active infections
- Visual, easy to read result in just 15 minutes
- Tests can be administered anywhere, any time
- Ideal for businesses to regularly and reliably test staff
- Tested by the UK government and Public Health England
- High sensitivity and specificity
- All necessary reagents provided and no additional equipment needed
- Each kit includes clear instructions and is easy to use
- 24 month shelf life
- CE certified
- Using the sterile swab provided in the kit, carefully insert the swab into one nostril of the patient. The swab tip should be inserted up to 2-4cm until resistance is met.
- Roll the swab around 5 times along the mucosa inside the nostril to ensure both mucus and cells are collected.
- Using the same swab, repeat the process from the other nostril to ensure that an adequate sample is collected from both nasal cavaties
- Withdraw the swab from the nasal cavity. The sample is now ready for processing using the Coronavirus Rapid Test Cassette (Swab).
- Insert the test extraction tube into the workstation
- Make sure that the tube is standing firm and reaches the bottom of the workstation
- Tear off the sealing film on the extraction tube gently to avoid spilling out the liquid.
- Insert the swab into the extraction tube which contains 0.3 mL.
- Roll the swab at least 6 times while pressing the head against the bottom and side of the extraction tube.
- Leave the swab in the extraction tube for 1 minute.
- Squeeze the tube several times with fingers from outside of the to immerse the swab.
- Remove the swab
- Fit the dropper tip with filter on top the extraction tube tightly
- The extracted solution will be used as test sample.
Interpretation of Results
- Allow the test device, test sample and buffer to equilibrate to room temperature prior to testing.
- Ensure the nozzle with filter is fitted on to the sample extraction tube tightly.
- Hold the extraction tube virtically and add 4 drops (approximately 100 μL) of test sample by squeezing the extracted solution tube into the sample window.
- Start the timer
- Read the results at 15 minutes. Do not interpret the results after 20 minutes.
POSITIVE - The presence of two lines as control line (C) and test line (T) within the result window indicates a positive result.
NEGATIVE - The presence of only control line (C) within the result window indicates a negative result.
INVALID - If the control line (C) is not visible within the result window after performing the test, the result is considered invalid. Some causes of invalid results are because of not following the directions correctly or the test may have deteriorated beyond the expiration date. It is recommended that the specimen be re-tested using a new test.
Note: The intensity of color in the test line region (T) may vary depending on the concentration of analytes present in the specimen. Therefore, any shade of color in the test line region (T) should be considered positive. Please note that this is a qualitative test only and cannot determine the concentration of analytes in the specimen. Insufficient specimen volume, incorrect operating procedure or expired tests are the most likely reasons for control band failure.
This product is non-returnable or refundable